Alexander Technique. See The Body
Arts Administration Videos
- Preparing for College Auditions
- Choosing a Place to Study Music
- Preparing to be a Music Major in College
- Preparing for Orchestra Auditions
Bartleby Library (Public Domain Anatomical Pictures)
- Bassoon fingerings for Heckel-system
- Bassoon fingerings for Buffet-system
- Non-standard bassoon fingerings
- Historical bassoon fingerings
Bassoon Keywork. "Odds and Ends About Bassoon." Chip Owen.
Bassoon Maintenance."Taking Care of your Bassoon." Chip Owen.
Bassoon Materials (Plastic). "The Virtues and Vices of Plastic Bassoons." Chip Owens.Bassoon MIDI
- Bassoon Reed. J. M. Heinrich, “The Bassoon Reed,” Journal of the International Double Reed Society 7 (1979): 17-43. This article provides excellent comments on bassoon reed construction. Required reading for the bassoonist.
- Reed Finishing by Terry B. Ewell, Bassoon Professor, Towson University. “A Pedagogy for Finishing Reeds for the German-System (Heckel-System) Bassoon,” The Double Reed 23/3 (2000): 99-108. Here is an updated version
- Videos on Reed Finishing by Terry B. Ewell.
- Reed Diagram. Gives labels and some measurements. By Barrick Stees, Assistant Principal Bassoon, Cleveland Orchestra.
- Reed Finishing by Barrick Stees, Assistant Principal Bassoon, Cleveland Orchestra.
- Reed Making by Barrick Stees, Assistant Principal Bassoon, Cleveland Orchestra.
- Reed Adjustments by Barrick Stees, Assistant Principal Bassoon, Cleveland Orchestra.
- Reed Measurements IDRS WWW Reed Project. By Terry B. Ewell, Bassoon Professor, Towson University. This is the most detailed and comprehensive measurement of bassoon reeds available on the web.
- Reed Measurementsby Barrick Stees, Assistant Principal Bassoon, Cleveland Orchestra.
- Videos by Terry B. Ewell. Videos on articulation, circular breathing, reedmaking, etc.
- Bassoon Teaching Videos
- Bassoon Video
Breathing and Posture
Britanica.com Encyclopedia Britanica
Bubonic Bassoon Quartet, 1962 - 1982: A Retrospective on the Occasion of the Twentieth Anniversary of its Founding by John Miller (Double Reed 6/1)
Buying an Instrument
British Double Reed Society (BDRS)
Contrabassoon technique (http://idrs.colorado.edu/Publications/DR/DR10.3/DR10.3.Joli.html)
The Contraforte, Guntram Wolf/Benedikt Eppelsheim's contrabassoon.
English Horn Reed Adjustment A brief discussion by Martin Schuring of Arizona State University. See the bottom of the page. Also see his introduction to the English horn.
English Horn Ringtones
Fingering Technique video
Fitness and Exercise. See The Body
International Double Reed Society (IDRS) The foremost website for information on double reeds.
Jazz Oboe Experiments by Alison Wilson
Links to More Links
Includes a very lengthy list of commercial sites for
instruments, reeds, music, etc.
- Music Yellow Pages
Long Tones and Drones
Maintaining an Instrument
Double Reed Society -- This page is provided primarily for
double reed instrument players living in the MSRS six-state area,
but anybody else is welcome to surf around.
Mission Statement for this Web Site
Motion in Music, Bibliography
- Bruce Haynes: Music for oboe Online bibliography of literature for oboe written between 1650 and 1800.
Oboe Music, Writings About
Oboe Reeds/Reed Making
- Beginning Oboe Reed Making by Martin Schuring of Arizona State University.
- Oboe Reed Adjustment One of the most detailed descriptions on adjusting oboe reeds on the web. Developed by Martin Schuring of Arizona State University.
- Oboe Reed Diagram Nicely presented diagram of the terms and measurements of an oboe reed. Developed by Martin Schuring of Arizona State University. Also see this pdf file.
- Oboe Reed Making Excellent graphics combined with brief explanations make this a good site to visit. Also a few terms are included. Developed by Micheal B. Ericson of Western Illinois University.
- Oboe Reed Making This is a commercial site developed by Ann Rosandich. It contains brief information on the steps of making an oboe reed.
- The Illustrated Encyclopedia of Oboe Reedmaking: A Guide to
the American School of Oboe Reedmaking by Ann Rosandich. Website
Oboe Web Sites
- ASU Oboe Page By Martin Schuring. Lots of information and resources for the oboist.
- Oboes for Idgets Many web pages of information for oboists by Amy L. Hinson. Includes tips, links, and a glossary.
- Russian Oboe Page
Orchestral Excerpts Video (bassoon)
- Products (on this site and links to free items)
- Products off site for a fee
Relationship through and with music (video)
Reed Finishing paper (Revised Version) by Terry B. Ewell, from: “A Pedagogy for Finishing Reeds for the German-System (Heckel-System) Bassoon,” The Double Reed 23/3 (2000): 99-108.
Reed Finishing videos (bassoon).
More on Reed making:
Reed Making videos (bassoon)Reed Longevity
Techniques and Concepts
Tone and Musicality
- Bassoon Digital Professor
- Bassoon Video Performances | Bassoon Performances by Terry Ewell
- Bassoon Teaching Videos
- Chamber Music Performances (All)
- Oboe Performances
- Oboe Digital Professor. Videos by Mary Poling, Cynthia Watson, and Reid Messich.
Websites with other links. See Links
US Zip-Code Lookup