We are a group of double reed musicians that has aligned ourselves with the Christian Performing Artists. 2reed.net has adopted the Christian Performing Artists mission statement as its own:Vision Statement
To bring the love of Christ to a relatively untouched mission field: the many thousands involved in the world of the performing arts. This includes performers, teachers, and audiences, as well as arts administrators. CPAF is organized as a trans-denominational ministry dedicated to performing and teaching the classical arts to the glory of God and to spreading the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
Statement of Faith
SECTION A. Essential Biblical Doctrine
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired word of God (II Tim. 3:16). It is the only infallible standard for our lives, and its teachings must be the absolute authority of CPAF's ministry (Josh. 1:7-8).
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit (Mt. 28:19: Lk. 3:21-22).
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ (Col. 2:9) - the Messiah (Jn. 4:25-26) whom God had promised to send for the salvation of all who believe (Lk. 4:21), in His virgin birth (Matt. 1:20-25), in His sinless life (Heb. 4:15), in His miracles (Jn. 15:24), in His atoning death on the cross (Col. 1:22), in His bodily resurrection (Lk. 24:46-48), in His ascension into heaven (Act. 1:9), and in His personal return which He has promised (Mt. 24:30-31).
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit (Jn. 14:26), enabling Christians to live godly lives (I Jn. 3:24), and convicting unbelievers of their need for Christ(Jn. 16:7-8).
- We believe that man has rebelled against God (Isa. 53:6), and that all who are not born again through Jesus Christ are separated from God and in need of the Savior (Mt.7:13-14; Jn. 3:3).
- We believe that salvation, eternal life, and reconciliation with God are found only in Jesus Christ (Jn. 5:24; Acts 4:12).
- We believe that the Good News of salvation through Jesus Christ has been entrusted to men to proclaim to everyone (Mk. 16: 15-16: Rom. 1:16)
- We believe that there will one day be a judgment of all men (Mt. 25:31-32): those who are saved will receive eternal life with God (Jn. 3:16), and those who are lost will receive eternal punishment (Jn. 3:36).
SECTION B. Debatable Interpretations and Doctrines
God has given CPAF the task of bringing together performing artists from many different denominational backgrounds. We recognize that argument over different interpretations of certain passages of scripture would hinder the execution of this fellowship. God has commanded us to avoid "passing judgment on disputable matters" (Rom. 14:1). We therefore have "agreed to disagree" upon a variety of controversial and debatable topics, so that we might be free to serve God together in the world of the performing arts.